A/C Blower Speed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug brandin

Reaction score
At the first of the summer, my 2 lower speeds were too slow; I could barely feel or hear them. Upper 2 were O.K. Yesterday #3 went down. I can still feel it, but it's not strong to keep me cool and #4 is too much. Am I looking at a new blower motor or is there a something else that controls the speeds ? Thanks

Resisters. Not sure where they are located on yours, but when you select a speed through the switch, that switch sends current through a resistor pack, depending on the switch setting. Hi goes straight to the blower motor, and the speeds below that go through larger and larger resistors to slow the motor. Search for blower resistors here, and you should come up with something. I'm on a cell right now, so I'm a bit limited.

Try the link below...

Last edited by a moderator:
See my DIY on Electronic Fan Controller in Maintenance section of Projects. Although you've got the earlier analog HVAC your system has a similar resistor piece that controls fan speed. Try site sponsor Fast Parts Network's website for a schematic that will help identify the culprit. There are also DIY videos on YouTube to review. It's not a hard fix - you just need to find out where the suspect part is located in a Gen1 Trac.

Latest posts