99.9 MPG !!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
no lie !!

i got 99.9 MPG's in my 7 mile competition run driving a new plug-in electric hybrid prius.

the course was in california and consisted of regular roads that were very hilly. i won with the best MPG's and 95 MPG was a close second. after that it ranged from mid 90's to high 80's.

the electric range is only about 12-15 miles, but the goal was to keep in the electric mode the entire time.

it was like driving a regular prius just that it was quiet the entire time.

[Broken External Image]:

Geez, how slow did you have to go? Doesn't the electric motor cut off above 15 mph?

Driving a Prius on hills at speed feels weird as the engine braking doesn't really exist due to the nature of the beast...but then again, driving a hybrid through the Appalachians defeats the point of a hybrid.

If nothing else, that's way better than those (expletive) hypermillers and their idiotic antics :supercool:

kl,

drove it like a normal car. the electric mode does not shut down over 15mph.

i did drive it like an old lady as i wanted to achieve the best economy.

the vehicle does just fine on the steep hills.

Wouldn't look, or feel right, in Gary's collection. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
steve,

any t....., will look and feel good for me :bwahaha:

actually, i really like the prius. i have a 2010 in my fleet and :love: it.

also, the swagger wagon is growing on me :grin:

Give me some of the small diesel cars from Europe thanks. Some of them get 70-80 mpg without needing all those extra batteries

My uncle had a '81 VW Rabbit diesel pickup, 50+ MPG. My 72 Datsun 1200 got 40 MPG easily on the highway.

I'd rather be seen in either one of those than a Prius!:bwahaha:

steve,

i guess all the prius owners have a different opinion.

if you take a drive during the rush hour here on long isle, there are ALOT of them. :driving:

I'm all for burning less fuel. That said, I find it funny/strange/disappointing that there were vehicles built 30 or 40 years ago that were getting comparable mileage to the new, "technologically advanced" cars coming out now.

When a car is redesigned a few years after it's introduction, it seems to be that instead of improved fuel economy they add weight and horsepower to it and the mileage stays the same. Anybody else notice the same thing?

Latest posts