88000 miles and counting!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Feck

Reaction score
My 2001 ST just turned 88000 miles today! I was thinking what a great truck it's been since I purchased it. Except for the rusting step rails :angry: the ST has given me 4 years of flawless operation!!!

I'm just starting to research getting tires to replace the Michelins LTX's that were placed on the truck at 12k (Firestone replacements). I never would have thought I'd get 76K miles out of a tire. With that said, I guess I'll just stick with the Michelin's.

Just wanted to give hope to all you youngins' that your ST will give you many miles of great satisfaction!

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Good! Nice to hear a good report. 40,000 on my '02, alternator and belt tensioner replaced while under warranty. Love it.

Just hit the 36K mark......let the good times roll!!!! Fingers crossed I make it to 88K. The only thing I'm annoyed by is that about 100 miles after I ran out of warranty, my ST decided to start wabbling when accellerating from 60-74. Other than that and a few other minor things (all fixed under warranty), I've had no problems. :D

Not that I am bragging, '01 with 103,000. Still running good (sound of wood knocking). Just normal maintenance. Flush the tranny @ 35K, 70k, and 100k. Just replaced replacement Goodyears @ 95,000 miles with Bridgestone Dueler Revos.

Going to run it into the ground.

The Hawk

87,500 on our 2003. Still have the original Michelins. Been saying I'm going to replace them, but they still have ok tread!

Hmm, people cheering that they made it to 88k in their ST is worrying me. (Mines 04 with 22k). I still drive my '92 Jeep Cherokee with over 250,000 on it, the only things Ive ever done to it above normal maintenance are replaced the cracked radiator and ignition cylinder when the key wouldnt go in anymore.

Well, they've only been around for 5 years. I'd be very impressed if someone was putting 50k miles on in a year.

I just noticed last night that the lights for my cruise control buttons are burned out on one side. The warranty expires next month, so I better get-R-in the shop!

So far, no major problems-- just the rubbing radiator hose replaced (TSB), tires balanced twice and cupping, and the one time it ran really bad for a while and had no power until I restarted it. I've got seat squeaks, door seal wind noise, some creaks and rattles from the interior, perpetually squealing brakes, and the rear suspension squeaks on bumps (I just turn up the Pioneer!).

32,000 miles on my '04... had the EPC Solenoid (tranny related) replaced at 14,000 miles...have had to have BOTH locks (front and back) replaced on my OEM hard tonneau cover...and just had my steering wheel replaced because of the poor leather quality.... all under warranty. Didn't even bother the dealership about the paint peeling off of my radio bezel ( I'll just paint it later ) My radio in my XLT decides on occasion to turn the volume up and/or down on its OWN... humm...guess that's it.

I have 4,000 miles left on my warranty so I hope either to have more problems before the warranty is up, or not have any more issues. (I'd prefer to stay out of the dealership and not have any more problems; my local dealership sucks.)

All in all, I still love the trac!

Oh yeah, and I'm a stickler about maintenance and have rotated my Crapyears religiously, and of course they are still cupping....