$83.19 to fill trac today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
20.09 gallons @ $4.139 = $83.19 to fill my poor ST. When will the insanity stop??? I've long believed its the commodities brokers doing this. Buy oil @ $100/ barrel, hold it, and sell it to the highest bidder(ie: Exxon, Shell, Sunoco) a few months down the road. This is what Obooma has proposed to investigate(ha-ha) the oil companies are making money, just not as much as we may think, because its not the poor dealer on the corner that has to charge these prices that rolls in cash.... Bob

$4.59/Gallon her in Alberta Canada. Frustrating to live in a province that has the second largest oil reserves in the world and still pay through the ass for fuel...

Wait till most of the middle eastern dictatorships are ousted by Muslum fundamentalist groups, youll wish we were paying 3.59, 4.13 or 4.59 per gallon. And we still won't be allowed to drill/pump oil out of our own ground. And then, when Israel gets cornered and you thought it couldn't get worse.......

$3.70 a Gallon in KC. Just put $50.00 in yesterday. Cannot remember the last time I DIDNT fill up, (I normally do) but I am at this point now where a fillup is too much $$. Leaving the Trac parked more often now and taking the wife's car or the bike.

$83.19?.... I'm jealous.

Timmins, Ontario $1.389 per liter - Cost me $105.56 to fill up yesterday.

I'm hoping that the gas/oil companies (as well as the different levels of government that apply fuel taxes) start using lube soon, or at least start buying me dinner.

$30 got me a quarter tank yesterday.:boohoo: Lets drill our own oil, or do the Donald Trump and go into these countries that we're in and take the oil instead of letting them sell it at a high price.

for me.. If I had my Sport Trac here in Danmark with Gas being just about 13 DK per liter (about $2.1 per liter) I would hate to think what it would cost me to fill it.

although I am sure torrie would love to do a tune for 95 Octane and 93 being the low octane here..

and I would love to see the performance and MPG I would get at those Octanes

Worth every penny to join COSTCO or Sams Club.

50 dollars buys the membership. I normally pay 7 cents a gallon less for the fuel.

20 gal at 4.10 is 82 bucks.

20 gal at 4.08 is 80.40.

So basically, after 25 fill ups or so the cost of membership is covered and you still have the discount to use at the actual store any time you want it...

At my local discount place (BJs Wholesale Club; costco/sam's club are further away) the lines to use the pumps are so long that I feel I burn off the extra cents while in those lines :(

In my county, BJs, Costco, & Sam's Club all used to sell their gas for far more than their current 3-8 cents less per gallon. However, all the gas stations in the vicinity to these retailers banded together and claimed that they "couldn't compete" against the big chain stores, and as such got a price floor set. Because the idea of a "free market" just isn't good enough :( More frustrating, and sort of on the topic, my state gov't blew all of its transportation money (illegally) on non-transit-related expenses, and now wants to raise the gas tax even further to get money to cover the transportation money deficit. Marvelous.

well this bubble wont pop anytime soon i think it will hit at 5 or close to 5$ before it goes down it was $3.94 to fill up yesterday so it was about $57

It's 3.70 here in TN and I make sure I top my ST off pretty good. I just feel like it actually last a bit longer when I do. I'm spending about 88 dollars every six days.

and i remember a couple of years ago...... $1.87.

i should have snapped a photo.

here on long isle: $4.30-.50 :sad:

Same here... Had the CC stop at 75 but for only 17 gal.. Had to go see the girl inside to get the card swiped a second time for another 18. I took 21.8 gallons for $93.00. Granted that's what I'm paying for 16 gallons in my Shelby....

The paper today said they are expecting gas prices to start dropping soon.

A local convenience store chain is owned by a local supermarket chain and you get 10 cents off a gallon for every $50 you spend in the supermarket (or pharmacy :grin: ) for up to 30 gallons. The Trac holds 20 so I take two 5 gallon gas cans with me. I have spent over $100 with 30 cents off per gallon.

Latest posts