$720 bill from ford!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
they have to change the front rotors because they already machined them before and now they need new ones. so i was wondering if this is right. ford dealership said that each one was 150 plus labour. I'm also geting the full inspection for $42 and the fuel filter is being changed for $20. so just wondering if this was right with tax included or are they ripping me off.

any help is needed.

thx

patrick

try anothor brake shop, i got my front brakes, rotors, pads, slide service for around 450 and even thats high but i cant do it myself.......

Patrick,

$150 (each) is about what Ford charges for front rotors. It's possible to buy both aftermarket rotors for about $150 but you will have to do the installation yourself.

You can get all that work done much cheaper at a reliable independent garage, but you might want to avoid some specific shops that deal in Brakes only. They will try to rip you off, and are not bargain.

...Rich

That's why I only get my rotors turned every 2nd or 3rd brake job. Some shops always want to do it so they make extra money but it's not really needed unless they are heavily warped or grooved.

I had the rotors, pads, drum pads & labor for $380 at Precision Tune Auto.

The real killer with the dealer is the labor, around here dealers charge $85 an hour.

If you know of a good, reliable, independent auto shop do some research on this site to find some great rotors and pads. Then buy the rotors and pads and bring them to the shop for installation.

You will get a better job done somewaht cheaper.

I can do that all myself... and i'll do it for a case of beer if you supply the parts

Wait im in alberta canada. So unless your willing to drive.

Dallas

Another member stepping up to the plate to help a fellow member. Glad to see someone offer thier services to help someone from getting ripped off.

Tom

I work at a Ford dealership in the parts department. The front rotors (part number BRR-107) retail for $53.40 each. Front pads (part number BR-11438) retail for $64.20. Our labor rate is around $80/hour. The fuel filter and inspection seem about right. With regard to the brakes though, I'd say you're being ripped off.