6K High/Low HID's installed!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
With inspiration from Jeff C, and help from Dingo, I finally replaced my 8K (blue) HID headlights with 6K (less blue) high beam/low beam headlights. I decided to replace the 8Ks when I lost one of the ballasts. I wanted high beams back. These are telescopic/retractable bulbs, where the bulb pulls out of the headlight lens a quarter inch in low beam, and extends fully into the headlight housing in high beam. The only snag to the project was that the electronic harness supplied was for a 9004 bulb, so the lights worked backwards. Once re-wired, the lights now work properly. The 6K kit provides much more usable light than the 8K.

I linked a quicktime video showing the operation. And I got them from www.hidlook.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set of the HID 6k in my headlights and a set of the HID 5k in my fogs, This combo is very BRIGHT.... I get high beamed with the fogs on but not with the headlights on... They take some getting used to. I have the body lift in mine so it makes them higher.... I am wondering if you removed the reflective cover that goes infront of the bulb in the housing, just wondering if they work better with out it.... Thanks Brian H.

I also upgraded with this set after seeing Jeff C's setup. So far so good! Was a little worried after seeing the ebay reps for the seller. Shipping was fast and everything was correct. Just had to be creative in mounting the ballasts.

:D

Latest posts