60 mpg you say? Check it out:

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
These are available up in Canada... sure wish we'd get these down here.

I liked the comment from one of the folks who checked out the car:

"It figures we can't get them. If there were too many of these down here, Bush wouldn't be able to go to war over oil."

For a commuter car, it would be ideal.... 3 cylinder diesel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be happy if I could just get E85 around here, but his big oil buddys keep that pretty much stiffled too! (Don't blame me, I'm one of those pesky bleeding heart liberals.):D

Daimler-Chrysler is trying to introduce them here. Personally, I would not drive one in San Antonio or any other large city with the quality of drivers we have in the US.

grump

I'd think one would be a lot safer than riding a Harley around, for sure. It has all the air bags that a normal passenger car has with crush zones.

Yeah, it's nifty, but imagine being in a wreck with those of us who still don't mind paying for gas. Looks like that thing would put your head right at height with my bumper, and no matter what kind of air bags it has, they won't be any match for my steel frame when it cuts that car in half and makes it a convertible.

61 miles per imperial gallon is approximately 51 miles per U.S.gallon. A Saturn will get 40 mpg on the open road, costs a lot less than this thig and will be much safer in handling and crash survival. On the other hand this thing would be a great CITY car in New York or Chicago.

I'm in Vancouver BC and there are millions of those little guys around and about them not being safe or whatever actually i believe they are really save the lighter the car the less impact it can inflict so in my experiences a lighter car just bounces off... when i was in high school i had a Pontiac Fiero (don't laugh) went head on at like 60km/h hit a ford taurus the ford rickashade off me and hit a bus stop my car did a 360 and stopped minor damaged i got out walked away car was still drivable the ford was written off and the driver was in hospital for a couple days... so i don't know i just think small cars are just as safe if not safer in some situations...

They're evidentally offering bonus points just for being phonetically correct. Don't even start with punctuation. Or maybe,

"hall ass" = the bully in school between classes

"rickashade" = covered parking for a rickshaw

No worries dude, just having fun :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercedes did crash testing with this car against one of their big heavy luxury cars and the little one held up perfectly fine. Found it

Once again, luxury CAR. An Expedition or F-150's front bumper is not in the same place as a car's.

I wonder what the roll over rating is on the Smart Car?

Imagine it being hit by an F-350. The F-350 driver walks away, the Smart Car driver is placed in a black bag.

Tom

I saw one of those last week in Toronto.... I really don't care if it passed a crash test against another car. I would be much more worried about Semi's (especially in Toronto... those guys are nuts!), trees and the like.

This would be the perfect car for Mythbuster's to try out the whole fused-semi-with-car-inbetween myth again.

i have seen a bunch of those in edmonton alberta. I would not trust them on the highway for a second. Mine and my families safety isnt worth the money i would be saving on gas mileage.

Big D, I don't think they are really meant for the highway. I think they are marketed at the city commuter that drive into the office everyday.

hahahahaha, marshmallows, hahaha...

But ya, there is tons of them around Calgary where I am from... not only is it possibly unsafe, but they are hilarious looking.... every time I see one beside me or whatever, I just glaze over to see what kinda idiot is driving the thing.

Just think, all those 'idiots' that are driving around in little fuel sippers will help to keep the demand for gas lower then all the people driving all the big gas suckers. This should translate to them helping keep the pump price down.

Latest posts