6 speed and towing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galen Burden

Reaction score
When I first got my Trac, I was not at all happy with the 6 speed in my 08 V8 when the bump showed up after 10K miles.

After the second TSB, I could not be happier.

I just got back from a 1900 mile trip towing my boat with the ST packed with gear. It tows great, the tranny worked very smoothly the entire trip.

Thanks to FoMoCo for really addressing and fixing the issue.....at least for me.

Can you describe the "bump" at bit more? Is it something you know you would have? I just got my 07 V8 and maybe I'm just not used to the pedal but there does seem to be a slight bump but honestly if I didn't read about it here might not have noticed it.

Is it covered under warranty?

Is there any way to check the on-board cpu to see if the trans rev has been updated?

The bump happens when coming to a stop. It has to do with the tranny downshifting into first gear. It was very annoying, almost like someone bumped you from behind. I had one TSB done and it went away for a while (4000 miles or so) then came back.

After the second TSB, its been 15K miles and the trans works very sweet.

Look up Lil' Red's library for the specific TSB regarding this. Was in the same situation as gbb, and after the servicing, no 'bumps' for 14-15K miles.

Latest posts