'59 Chevy vs '09 Chevy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
I know it's "Chevy" but very interesting video of a crash test of a '09 Malibu vs a '59 Chevy Bel Air. It's amazing to see just how far we have come in constructing vehicles. I tried to guess which came out better before I watched it. I was wrong.

What are the odds of hitting a '59 Chevy with a modern car? Does age affect the steel in the '59 Chevy?:wacko:

As for the odds, I would say pretty good on any given sunny day here in WA. I see alot of them riding around when we finally get some sun, and have witnessed a low speed crash involving a restored 57 chevy belair and a newer volkswagen. No real damage done to either.

As for age, not in the span the vehicles were made unless there is some underlying rust or metal fatigue. Steel only gets weaker due to environmental attack (corrosion) and repeated stress and strain (driving). Most of those older cars were not beat up enough to cause metal fatigue to the point that it would 'fail' or increase the damage caused to itself in a collision.

Latest posts