50 Foot Waves Predicted in Hawaii Today (Pic)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Synonymous with Winter in Hawaii.[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get out the long board & ride that bomb!

bfab5cda8e52fddce5e65d94880cb638.png

I believe the photo was taken at "Mavericks", in Northern Cali, by Half Moon Bay.

Unfortunately, famed Hawaii surfer, Mark Foo was killed there in 1994.

Another "spot" known for it's notoriously huge waves, is "Jaws", on Maui's North Shore.

They were believed to be "unrideable", until surfers Buzzy Kerbox and Laird Hamilton

developed "Tow In" surfing using Jet Skis to launch.

Robert (Redfish)-

"Endless Summer 2" is one of the best and most entertaining documentary films ever, IMO.

Check out "Riding Giants" also. Spectacular footage and very interesting. Knarly dude. ;)

I remember watch the Pipe Masters tournament on North Shore in Hawaii. Those waves were about 30' to 40' high and they used jet skis to get the surfers out there. I thought I have done some crazy stuff in my life but that is INSANE!

Mavericks is just over the hill from me, they cancelled it today because of bad weather.

just finished a book about tsunamis, interesting stuff, one wiped out norcal in the early 50s.

In the open ocean they can travel at 500 MPH, are just a 1 inch ripple on the surface.

They become waves only when they come to a land mass.

Latest posts