4x4 logos again..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
Simon from Vinyl Imagination(our site sponser) got back to me and brought to my attention that the 4x4 part of my logo is acutally a ford logo. My dad had found that part of the logo for me when we made them over a year ago. So i asked him if he could sell these on his site. the only difference is that the ford ones say off road where mine say sport trac. that is because i took and explorer sport logo and make it say trac. so hopefully they will be available on the site soon.

Okay, I won't get into the details, but I can use actual Ford logos. If you or Simon want to talk, I'm here. :)

Past site sponsor SST ran into some copyright and patent issues with Ford. He had to quit sellinganything that said Ford or Sport Trac. I think the patents included the fonts. I might be wrong on that though..

well the sport trac part of my logo is not a ford design because i made the word trac by reshaping parts of the word sport.. I.e. i took the o and cut out part of it to make the c and tool the p and flipped it on top of another one to make the a. so i guess it would be a unique font.. but im sure there is a font that looks like that

The name Sport Trac is a copywrited name. It doesn't matter what the font is, it still spells "Sport Trac".

Tom

Yes, any name Ford uses as a model on that vehicle is a Trade Mark. Doesn't matter what the font is.

Dingo, yes you have authorization but how you going to handle the royalty payments?

Just because you can "use" the artwork doesn't mean your allowed to sell the designs without giving

Ford a percentage.

It's why I have contract in place now with a licensed Ford vendor B2B.

Latest posts