4th of July with our neibours

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denis Bourque

Reaction score
Went to visit our friends to the South this July 4th long weekend and here's a few pics of our visit to Mount Washignton.

[Broken External Image]:

Too cool for the mountains.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Family x 2

[Broken External Image]:

The summit

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

The Trac atop the mountain

D

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics. I was up there last fall in the 1st snowstorm....on Oct 1st! Had to take the cog railway because the road was closed.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Must've felt cold up there in a snow storm. The wind is crazy up there. Cool picture (pardone the pun).

This was my second time going up in a car (they have paved since my first climb). I was up there for the first time 20ish years ago in mid September. When we pulled in they told us we had to dress warmly, being young and foolish, I said what the hey we're in shorts and it's in the 70's how cold can it be.......they where salting the side walks when we got to the top.....my shorts and T-shirt did not feel so warm:)

Yeah, it was COLD! 12 degrees when we got to the top, with a 50-60mph wind. Windchills in the -15 range... Only two or three of us were really dressed to be in that kind of cold. The others on the train stepped outside when we got to the top and ran into the restaurant! It was blowing so hard, that the three of us that decided to try to get to the observation deck went together with one of the employees. Visibility was about 50 feet due to ice fog. By the time we got back to the restaurant, we had rime ice about an inch thick on our coats and hats. I also had about an inch of ice on my beard!

Would have liked to take the Trac up there. Maybe next time! :banana:

went there last year got to the top ok but ran out of gas walking up the stair case to get to the observatory i told my GF to leave me behind...lol

Latest posts