$43,000 explorer.... you have to be kidding !

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
stopped at riverhead ford today as they had a transit connect in the lot. it was the first one i saw and i am awaiting a demo from ford to try one out.

while i was there i was looking at there inventory (very light) and there was a new explorer that i just wanted to see the price on the sticker. this one was fully loaded and priced out at 43K. imo, NO WAY worth 30K.

i know you dont pay the mrsp, but who in there right mind would even drop 30K :wacko:

Were you aware that the prices of SUV's are going up and the price of small cars are going down.

Looks like America REALLY wants SUV's and Trucks, but will settle for something small when they need to.

Yes, that Explorer will sell. Maybe not to you or me, but it will sell.

Tom

We had the opportunity to buy a new 2007 Explorer (Limited, I think) at the end of 2008 after my wife totaled her Mazda. Sticker price was almost $41K, sale price was right at 20K. As much as I love the Lexus we bought instead, I still regret not getting that Explorer. It had a V8, Navigation, Leather, power running boards, DVD, sunroof... dang near every option.

You would die if you saw the sticker on my newest 2010 Navigator L. $67,750. I see the value but I certainly don't need it.

Same deal with a loaded Explorer. Just because you don't see a need or have the desire for the equipment it sports doesn't mean no one else will.

It will sell. Probably not for MSRP but it will sell.

Dan Long, Was the 07 Limited Explorer a Demo or used? I can't see that kind of deal on a new unit. You're talking about a $21,000 discount. That just dosn't happen. They have about a $3-4,000 margin. Even with employee pricing and rebates they never went over $10,000. I actually remember you talking about this on MYST awhile ago and I couldn't wrap my head around it then either lol. To walk away from a deal like that is pretty stupid :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid 38 for my Adrenalin, and would pay that again if I were to buy a new one. from my past experience on my 01, I thought it was a great price. I paid 41 for my 01, loaded. And after having that 4 years, was willing to pay less for more!

Carey, it was BRAND new, never titled, not a demo, had around 250 miles on it if I remember correctly. The dealership was changing owners and this truck (along with about 3 others) were all leftover 2007's, and the 2009's were already rolling in. Like I said, I really regret not buying it, but we hesitated because it was a bit bigger than my wife felt comfortable driving at first. Had it been me looking for a vehicle, it'd be sitting in my driveway at the moment..... well, the airport parking lot....LOL. That's a large reason why I'm hanging on to my paid off 2001, I drive rentals WAY more than I drive my own truck these days. Why let a beautiful new truck (with a fat payment) sit in a parking lot unused more than half the time?

Fact of the matter is that you will NEVER get a chance like that again. I would have jumped at buying mine $21,000 under MSRP. That's just insane. I can't believe people passed that up lol. You probably could have sold that to auction and made money on it right now.

My STA was $36,115 I paid around $30,480 I think.

My STA was $36,115 I paid around $30,480 I think.

Wow. Amazing what a difference two years can make with regard to MSRP. I looked at two 2010 STA's this past weekend; one silver, and one black. Both were equally optioned, and the MSRP was $40,185. And both had the V6, not the V8.:blink:

TT,

The ST is in high demand right now, despite the saggy economy. A guy at the Dealer where I bought my Trac (used) said they are really having a hard time keeping any ST on the lot, let alone the STAs.

I can attest to this, as I recently saw a Black 2010 STA arrive on the lot and, coincidentally, have seen a few potential customers checking it out and taking it for a test drive.

Perhaps this is also why the MSRP has bumped up a bit?

I think they added some standard equipment in the Adrenalin package. I think the Audiophile system, moonroof, heated leather, AWD and a host of other things are now base equipment. I think you now get the bed cover and the class 3 trailer hitch as part of the Limited package. Same with the Dual Zone climate package.

The value is there to support the pricing. The MSRPs have gone up because the value has gone up. Not because they are harder to get. In fact, they still have rebates lol.

Well, we didn't completely pass it up, it somewhat got sold out from under us. We took it home overnight, right at closing time and brought it back early the next morning. We were still thinking about it, but it was only the second day or so that we had been looking. We told the salesman that we wanted to think about it a little more, he said okay and walked away. The sales manager came over and asked if we were ready to buy it, we said not quite yet, and she said "OK, well, this couple over here is buying it" and walked away. I refuse to be pushed into a sale like that, no matter the deal, so we left hoping maybe it was a bluff. We came back later that afternoon and it was gone.:angry: Oh well, as I said, we love our Lexus! I also try not to dwell on the missed or passed up deals like that in my life, it gets depressing....;)

I gotta know why you didn't pull the trigger on the ST. Sounds like the timing was right, price was right, the vehicle was right....but you felt pressured so you didn't buy? Sounds like an honest to god to good to be true kinda thing. The kind where you're like...what's the catch...

I get customers like that once in awhile and they always lose. They miss the great deal and then, when they're ready, they get the "ok" deal but they're happy because it was on their terms lol. Sometimes I just can't help but laugh.

Bottom line is that you're happy. Lexus own anyway so you won!

I just bought a 2010 Adrenalin last Saturday and got it for $38722. The sticker was $41,495. It was very hard to find an Adrenalin version. This was the only one I saw on Cars.com for within a 100 miles. I had to drive to another state to get it.

We weren't sure it was the right vehicle for us. For me, it'd be fine. For my wife, who has our girls in the car 95% of the time, not so sure. She does a lot of running around town with them, and while the Explorer isn't a "big" vehicle, she wasn't immediately comfortable with the size of it. I also worried a bit about her control of it in an emergency maneuver, remember, she had just been in an accident that totaled her previous car..... she still gets very nervous at times when driving.

Don't EVEN price an Expedition!!!!!

For the price, I'd have to go with a E'Lade...

I thought that since I was in KS that the SUV's were hard to come by, therefore bringing a premium price. Guess it's everywhere eh?

Edit: Still haven't been able to find a Raptor to view in person as of yet either!!!!!!!

I looked for Raptor as well and no one had one anywhere near me. There a few on Ebay and if they were close I would have went and test drove one.

Latest posts