4 piece Skil tool set @ Lowes $39

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am TRYING to buy them, but can't.

Get to where they are in my shopping cart, hit SECURE CHECKOUT, and it just keeps coming back to the same page...

Hmmm

Just an FYI. The weak link in any cordless device, is the Lithium-Ion or Ni-Cad battery.

Went through three Makita 9.6V Drill Kits, in five years.

That is six batteries, in five years. Probably a manufacturer or design flaw.

They were the "stick" type, OEM replacement batteries. Ala carte, they cost at least $40.

The Makita Kit included drill, two batteries, charger, flashlight, and case at $79 complete.

The single battery included in the Lowe's #552 kit, costs $39.74 @ Amazon.

P.S.- I have a restored faith, in Sears/Craftsman. Bought the NexTec 12V drill last year.

$89 with two batteries, true 30 minute charger, and case. Use it almost every day, a phenomenal little drill.

OEM replacement Lithium-Ion batteries for the NexTec, are always $25, at Sears.

Last edited by a moderator:
got one yesterday on line, picked it up last night, seems like a decent combo for the price, saw where just the same basic drill alone @ lowes was ~$55, the sander was $40 on its own, so not bad at all.

Picked the set up yesterday as well. Haven't even opened the box yet, but $40 was too good to pass up.

Someone in another forum said that a Lowes employee told them the batteries would soon go on sale for $20, so I'm going to keep my eye out and pick one up if they do.

Orderd mine this morning, picking it up at lunch. Heard the batteries were going on sale TODAY for $20.00 :banana:

Picked mine up at lunch and was going to buy the extra battery. They are on sale...for $29.95.

So, I figured for $10.00 more I could have another whole set, one for home and one for the cabin. This is a great deal!!! :banana::banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered one..Definately to good to pass up..I bought a Dewalt 18v black friday for 99$ which was an awesome deal..this is awesome price!!

Latest posts