33's on stock sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Turner

Reaction score
Ok i am really new to this so i hope i dont offend anyone by asking a crazy question, i bought my wife awhile back a 04 sport trac thats not 4wheel drive, but she wants 33's on it... and i have some 18 inch rims that would look really good on it so can i get some 33Xi think 12.5X 18 and would that fit on her truck with out major modification? please please anyone help me... thanks alot...

A narrow 33" will fit but if you're going to run 18" rims that kinda rules out the narrow part.

A bodylift will work on a 2wd, easy because there are no tow hooks, or you can get Ranger Edge dropped front spindles and taller springs for the rear.

how much is a body lift do you think? and what do you mean by a ranger edge front spindles and taller springs... sorry man im soo new at this.... and how much of a lift will i need if i do the body lift

A bodylift from Performance Accessories is about $230 plus install last I looked. A body shop should be able to do it in a day.

A Sport Trac has the same front suspension as a Ranger Edge 4x2. A dropped spindle lowers the spindle center to raise the truck. I'm pretty sure you have to swap to Ranger brake rotors also. Lift kit companies will sell the rear springs separately.

If it's me, I get the body lift. The Performance Accessories bodylift is 3". That should be all the lift you need.

thanks soo much for the help man, just one last question, i went to performance accessories and im pretty sure imma buy it when i get back from iraq in 2 weeks... but it does say its for a 01-02 sport trac... does that really matter?

Latest posts