30 second accessory delay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Lee

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a 30 second accessory delay feature in their ST? I know it would come in handy sometimes now that I have seen it put to good use on my wife's new van.

Basically, it allows the following scenario:

You forget to put up the rear window and before you open the door to interupt all power to the accessories, you have 30 seconds to reach over and raise the rear window. After 30 seconds, everything turns off regardless.

Thanks,

Chad

It's a nice feature on my wifes '02 Impala and other GM products. I don't know if it's feasible (retrofit) on the ST. I wish Ford had did it What is your van?

My '04 already has it. I can turn the truck off.....But the accessories still have power for 10 minutes before it automically turns off, or one of the doors are opened.

Mike

If I understand :wacko: You want to know if anyone has put a 30 second delay feature on a trac that, if the door remains shut and you put the ignition off, you can still raise the windows? My "05" trac has this feature. Earlier tracs do not then?

P.S. mike beat my post! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Even after I remove the ignition key, I could still listen to the radio and operate the PWs as long as none of the doors are opened. I haven't timed it yet to find how long it will stay in that condition.:)

You have all summarized well what I would like on my 2002. Now, anyone know how to retrofit the older STs for this nifty feature?

BTW, my wife's van is a 2005 Chrysler T&C Limited.

Chad

Latest posts