3 watt Led tail

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the 3 watt single led in their tail lights similar to the ones at superbrightleds.com? I have a single 3 watt led flashlight and stuck it into the back of the tailight trying to simulate it. I would think this would be much brighter than stock. I am still debating on which led replacements to go with. Does anyone have suggestions? I love the look of the stock single bulb. I do not like the look of multiple leds inside the trac tailight. Unlike the stock bulb, I want the led to flash in sink with the line of fire.

My suggestion? Leave the LEDs at the store and stick with regular bulbs. LEDs are great when they come from the factory, but no so much with bulb replacements.

I have Jam-Strait LED radial bulbs in all four corners, and with the LED 3rd brake light I just got from Zabtech, it looks really good !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my LEDs. I have them in the tail light reverse lights, courtesy bulbs (Rear View mirrors), third brake light &tailgate light bar. The LED back-up lights have 45 LEDs, and are very brite with a nice white color and no heat. /Brad

Latest posts