2012 Motor Trend SUV of the Year

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another yuppie-mobile. Lots of form, no function. I see the sport, but where's the utility? I've always tried to be a Land Rover apologist, but this just isn't the same company that used to build sport utility vehicles. Kinda like Heeps and the junk they've been badging "Trail Rated."

I never understand how they call a first year car. The one of the year.

Especialy in land rovers case. With all the past of mechanical failures and lousy dealer service.

As for any vehicle. I think they should wait till, the end of its production year. For any proclamation. JMO...

I like the Evoque... We figure this will be my wifes next vehicle. I like the fact it will have a Frord Turbo 4cyl in it. We have a 4 Door Wrangler which she currently drives. She just needs a AWD Crossover of some sort and this is by far the best looking around.

" Kinda like Heeps and the junk they've been badging "Trail Rated." "

my pending arrival new "heep" is not badged trail rated.

it is TRACK rated !!!! :grin::driving:

Yeah, of course it means nothing, but I think they make a mockery of their own brand when they slap Trail Rated on a Compass. Ford may as well put "LeMans Rated" on the Fiesta.

They do have some "requirements" but there are a ton of vehicles that could qualify if put to the same tests.. the only one that I know of that is sort of hard is fording (does that count as a pun?) a 19" deep water obstacle.

Latest posts