2010 water pump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
I started getting a coolant smell around the engine again. Changed out the leaking plastic thermostat housing a couple of months ago so that was good. This morning I noticed a puddle of coolant under the truck. Started her up and it's coming from the water pump weep hole. Will I be OK to drive if I keep an eye on the coolent level? My Mustang is not for daily driving at all.

Any pointers and how much fun is this project going to be? 2010 V6 with 130,000 miles.

I hope this isn't a sign she's falling a part on me...

Last edited by a moderator:
2007 pdf should be similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's huge mileage for a 2010 car; water pump failure at that mileage isn't unusual. Sure, you can keep adding coolant and drive it. It'll work fine - until it doesn't or until you tire of cleaning up the puddle. This repair is possible for a DIYer with average skill and tools. You'll need to drain the radiator as part of the repair, so have some jugs to collect the old coolant for proper disposal. I'd be inclined to replace the thermostat, hoses if needed and the serpentine belt as well since you'll have things apart.

Thanks for the advice, I got all the parts. Once it cools down I'll get started. Yea, 130,000 miles is a lot especially when I got 1 more year to pay on it. It's my commuter car so I average 100 miles per day on it. Going to start looking at a Fiesta and retire the ST to dump and Lowes runs.

Latest posts