2010 STA Tire Vibrations Pirelli Scoripion STR

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pirelli Scorpion STR came on my 2010 STA and I have had vibration around the 60-65 mph. I have taken it back to the dealer for rebalance twic and it's still there. I had a 2007 Explorer 2 sets of 18" Michelins and they were smooth as silk. Is this a tire problem or just part of pirelli and 20"inch rims. It's smooth at below 60 and above 70. Thanks,

I have 20's on my 04 ST and have a vibration in the same range. I have replaced my wheels to get rid of the spacers, had them balanced and rebalanced multiple times and had the bearings repacked to no avail. Tho I do have crappy Goodyears on there Im going to be replacing shortly, hopefully that will take care of my issue. Try taking it to an independant tire dealer and see how that goes. Good Luck.

My 08 STA has the same vibration around 63 -67 mph. Had the tires rotated the the vibration is still there. I remember having an 03 SCrew and it had a vibration around 60 that was inherent for that truck.

I had the same issue with my 08 STA.

It started right after I had my first rotation done. . . . took it into the dealer and they determined that it was the rotors. . . They resurfaced them and I haven't had a single reoccurrence (about a year now).

Personally, I'd take it up to the deal.

justkevin,8/15/2009 21:51 MT

I had the same issue with my 08 STA.

It started right after I had my first rotation done. . . . took it into the dealer and they determined that it was the rotors. . . They resurfaced them and I haven't had a single reoccurrence (about a year now).

Personally, I'd take it up to the deal.

Your situation was while braking, I think the op is talking about while driving.

Mine is not brakes, for the most part it has always done this and always at the same speed. It is not a vibration that will shake the truck apart but it is there. And it does drive me nuts but I can't seem to get rid of it. Had the wheels and tires checked at the dealer and by a friend who owns a private business.

As I said above when I had my 97-03 F150s there was a vibration at a lower speed which according to others on the boards who had the same vibration said it just seemed to be common for that truck with the 17" wheels. Could be the same deal with these 20" wheels.

Who knows but it is not a drastic thing just an annoyance which for people that know me know it is a big annoyance.

I'm not OCD and I don't know why they refer to me as Monk :huh:

Couple questions?? How long did the car sit on the lot before you bouight it? I just bought an 09 ST and it has the 17 in Goodyears Fortera tores, took it for test drive, has a vibe at 63... Dealer said, drive is a couple hundred miles, will work out. Drove truck two days, went back to dealer and told them tires were bad... (more on how I knew that)... The tech balanced them, and they rode worse... I FORCED the dealer to swap tires/rims with a new 10MY that was just dropped off, and guess what, PERECT... The issues usually is flat spots from the truck sitting on the lot so long... more so if in hot areas (I am in NV).

I had a 07 F150 FX4, with the Pirelli STR's with 20in... and they are KNOWN for flat spotting if not driven. Once they have them good luck getting ridof them.

If truck is under warrenty, make them repalce the tires, end of dicsussion.

Latest posts