2010 ST - Last model year? Get one??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ

Reaction score
Hey all - I've been liking the Ford ST's, was thinking of getting one, though since production concludes after 2010MY, will there be a replacement, or a Ford quad-cab ranger coming out?

At any rate - Is it wise, in general, to consider purchasing a new vehicle about to be discontinued?

The ST is great vehicle, I wish I had gotten mine sooner. I think someone on the board said that a Ranger crew-cab will be out in 2012.

The ST has had a good production run so there be no shortage on parts if that is what you are worried about.

Cool...though I doubt the impending 2012 Ranger will have the same utility as the ST. :(

They will still have parts available for a long, long, time. I wouldn't worry about it. I still have another year to go on my lease or I'd get a 2010 now. Love my '08 but I should've got one with a Class III hitch.

HEY - why is the premium sound system package not available on the XLT series for 2010MY, only on the Limited/Adrenaline? Looks like they removed this as an option for XLT. HUGE bummer.

Get one now. I got mine in 2008 and it was my second one and replaced my 2001 model. I love the ST and wish it was continued. My brother who lives in Tampa was visiting me in DC last year after I got my 2008 and he loved it so much he bought one just like it up here and drove it back to Florida because the dealers there won't sell any 4 wheel drives there! He constantly tells me this was the best vehicle he has ever owned and I totally agree. It's a great vehicle and Ford just did not market it enough or hardly ever. They could of sold twice as many as they did if they had spent some dollars marketing it. Good Luck!

he loved it so much he bought one just like it up here and drove it back to Florida because the dealers there won't sell any 4 wheel drives there!

It's not that they won't sell it, there is just very little market for 4-wheel drives in Florida. My son had to order a Jeep Wrangler to get the 4-wheel drive.

It would be nice to see FMC go through the year of 2011 with the ST and the STA, making it 10 years (actually nine years, as there was no 2006 MY:wacko:) of production, and maybe then I could get a 2011 STA in White Suede:banana: Of course it doesn't hurt to wish in one hand and ..... in the other one! They really have NO competition in this segment, so why wouldn't they proceed in that direction? I personally think they have options to go ahead with another year of the ST and STA, they just want to spill it out this early on, for fear they may lose our fan base if they do so.I wonder what effect it would have if they actually read this website and saw the comments we make in regards to our love for this truck/suv and see that we still want it, and will buy it as long as it serves our purpose. Just a thought .....maybe Bill and Alan M. would listen if I wrote them a letter expressing our desire? :unsure:

maybe Bill and Alan M. would listen if I wrote them a letter expressing our desire?

Count me in on that. I'd LOVE to let Ford know how great their truck is (except for the Tranny thing).

The problem isn't the SportTrac. The problem is the Explorer that it is based on. Sales of Explorer have dropped into the shitter, and it would be unprofitable to try to continue production of the Sport Trac without high volumes of Explorers along with it.

U.S. Automakers have not yet figured out how to have flexible manufacturing of several low-volume models on the same assembly line and be competitive.

Latest posts