2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin Colors???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Just discovered something interesting. As far as we all knew up to this point, the "red" color for the 2010 STA was "Colorado Red". That's even the name of the color on Ford's website.

However, I found a 2010 STA on a dealer's lot in my local area, and the color is "Torch Red", which was previously used on Mustangs if I remember correctly. The STA's window sticker is linked below. I wonder if they changed the color after production began.:huh:

Don't know if it means anything but Jeep used a color called Colorado Red on its Cherokee'. Could it have been a "licensed" color they used and Ford got caught and was told "oh no, thats ours"?

I mean like Porsche has Guards Red.

Ferrari owns most of the other reds.

It could be a possibility.... Bob:unsure:

Torch red and Colorado red are the same color. I painted a hood on a 2006 Saleen that was Torch red, but when I was buying the paint it said Colorado red. Same paint code for both. I think in the past Torch Red was for Cars, Colorado red was for trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's totally true. Torch Red and Colorado Red are one in the same. Ford Marketing has the discretion of altering the paint color nomenclature to fit its models. Torch Red first made available on the T-Bird revival (2001 - 2005) and carry over to Ranger (2004 to present). As well as, Mustang.

The story on that is...

The color's FULL name was "Colorado Torch Red". Back in the 2004 timeframe, Chevy introduced the Colorado -- as in the truck. Ford hastily did away with the full name and had since changed it to "Torch Red", as to not infringe on Chevy's new truck.

The sticker on the inside of my bumper on my 2004 Mach1 Mustang says, "Colorado Torch Red", so I went on a Google hunt and found that info.

Why, now, it's referred to as "Colorado Red", who knows.

But both Torch Red and Colorado Red are Ford paint code "D3".

My '08 STA and '04 Mach are the same identical color.

Yes, Denise, Ford did pull the plug on the White Suede color for the 2010 STA. Sadly, that was my favorite color for thr STA, even though some credit issues with co-signing for my daughter's car kept me from getting the last one of the V8 2009's that was left in Texas and probably anywhere in that color. It is available on the ST Limited, but not as as a color for the STA .......strange but true! That happened with the fist year model and the infamous "Island Blue" color that I now have on my 2001. Can I work for Ford and get them off the pot so I can take a sit, cause they have some drab colors for the 2010 STA!

That's too bad. The white is the classiest color on the STA. I think they may have messed up on this one. The bolder colors are fine for some of the younger crowds, but some of us older folks just want to have some elegance.

Latest posts