~ 2010 Flex/STA powerplant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
I heard from a source yesterday that teh 2010 Ford Flex Sport is gonna get teh original powerplant that teh Adrenalin was suppposed to have...

the Terminator 4.6L DOHC Supercharged!

How crappy is that! Any reliable documentation on this!?

Any word on the 2010 Adrenalin Sport Trac?

What a waste - if true. I understand the ST competes with the golden child F150 and so Ford limits just how sweet the ST gets but the Flex was a mistake from the beginning. Most folks like riding up high these days where they can see over or through the vehicle in front of them. The Flex has a nice interior, etc but has love-it-or-hate-it looks. I thought the Flex was not selling all that well either...this must be some Ford VIPs pet project or something.

They were giving away $20 visa cards at the local mall for people to take on-site Flex test drives.

I highly doubt that there's any validity to this rumor. The Flex is a front-drive vehicle with a transverse-mounted engine. I doubt that the 4.6L V8 will fit mounted like that, especially the Terminator version. If the Terminator engine could even be shoe-horned into the Flex, the engineering costs alone would likely make it cost-prohibitive to produce/sell. Also, it would never meet CAFE requirements.

However, the Flex is also rumored to be getting the EcoBoost V6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just traded in my '06 F150 Lariat Supercrew w/ 5.4 V8, I can say that the ST I just bought is awesome and blows the F150 away as far as ride and handling. Gas mileage is phenomenal and I have the 8. If they compete the only plus is the cargo area and it isn't that much more.

As for the 2010 Sport Trac: I doubt there will be any changes other than cosmetic, on any model, XLT, LTD, or STA. 2010 is the last year of production for the Trac, and Ford's not going to invest in any significant changes to a doomed model line.

the flex is getting the 3.5 ecoboost, producing 355 hp and 350 ft/lb of torque. I saw an article where they took an ecoboost flex to the dragstrip. Here is a little reading for those interested.

Tim:

I think you are supporting my statement about ST competing with the F150. By what I see them used for in Texas, probably 50-70% of F150 owners could easily make due with a ST. A minority percentage of F250 and F350 owners could do the same.

I think the ST is priced a little high due to Ford not wanting too many people to consider it an alternative to the F series.

Any way, you know how common opinions are...

Latest posts