2009 F-150

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it at the Tulsa Auto Show earlier this month.

Nice looking ride with some nice new features.

It was up on a turntable so I couldn't get close.

But, to be honest, there was a new Adrenalin there too that occupied my interest!

It was by far the most visited vehicle in the Ford collection.

Looks nice. But....it looks like all they really did was make cosmetic changes. They never really go into explaining any real differences between the prior model and the new model. Increased headroom was about the only new change that I saw. He talks about the new "Badge/Belt Buckel" almost as much as the increased head room.

Jerry

Not much in the way of groundbreaking:

The chassis has been stiffened, and Ford has added such features as standard traction and roll stability control, as well as trailer sway control. Engines are essentially carried over, with some enhancements in power and fuel economy. Buyers can choose from one of three V8 gas engines, displacing 4.6 and 5.4 liters, coupled with either a four-speed automatic or a new six-speed box. A diesel option has been delayed until 2010, when Ford also plans to offer a version of its new EcoBoost turbocharged direct injection gasoline engine. If the F-series is known for one thing, it's the sheer variety of combinations available, and the 2009 model doesn't veer from that all-things-to-all-people strategy, with three cab variants, four different boxes and seven trim levels: XL, STX, FX4, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum. The new Platinum series starts with 20-inch tires on 16-spoke polished aluminum wheels, adding a satin-chrome grille with fine mesh inserts and a snazzy cockpit with 10-way leather captain's chairs, ash wood-grain accents and brushed aluminum trim. The new F-150 Super Crew gets a 6-inch stretch, boosting rear-seat legroom and cargo space, plus an articulated second-row seat that flips up and out of the way. Other interior features on the new F-series include standard side-curtain airbags and optional rearview camera, a flow-through console with removable multi-tiered tray, USB and MP3 ports, a 700-watt Sony audio system, voice-activated navigation, Sirius Satellite Radio and TravelLink, and the Ford Sync communications/entertainment system, upgraded for 2009 with 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report.

Thanks for sharing that link, Silvertrac. Some good videos I haven't seen before in addition to the F150 one, which btw, looks great. However I think the new Dodge Ram made better improvements from its previous model(s). I'm really surprised Ford didn't put a 340+hp engine in it (yet?).

The front end of the truck is butt ugly, it kinda looks like it got punched in the nose.

Everything else is gorgeous though, especially the interior, and it has some nifty features like the folding rear seats and the steps on the side and in the tailgate. It looks like it could rollover some Bow Ties and Goats and then take you to a 5 star restaurant afterward.

Latest posts