2008 ST CONCEPT COMES TO LIFE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome ain't it? I wonder what the engine figures will be.

Insideline is a fine website but here's a link to another thread that someone else started here a few days ago:

Last edited by a moderator:
One interesting design tidbit is that while new front and rear fascias sit 3.5 inches lower than the ones on the standard truck, the Sport Trac Adrenalin is not actually lowered. "The new body panels give the Sport Trac the appearance of being lower — without actually lowering the vehicle," said Melvin Betancourt, a Ford designer.

Sadly, I don't think the engine will be anything special. If the truck isn't actually lowered, doesn't sound like it's going to be a "real" performance vehicle, just a appearance package.

I think with present and possible future gas prices, ford is being conservative on the performance right now. It is a step though. They may sell more units that sip gas VS something along the line of the lighting gusler. If it sells I would think they may offer two versions. One for perfomance and the other not. There is a load of things you can do on you own with the 3v V8 4.6, now.

Latest posts