2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking our advice or advertising? Just A strange Post if you are a related to a Ford dealer..:blink:

Go to edmunds and look up the TMV. I bet it is worth less. I know I would pay more than $32K and get a 2010 model. Your actualy selling almost a 3yr old.

Service records will help the sale but tires or anything you have added. Has no extra value.

Good Luck....:)

It was one of the first 5 off of the assmbly line when the Adrenalin rolled out.

That's a pretty cool thing, but unless you have some sort of documentation on this, it doesn't do anything to enhance the value of the vehicle.

Edmunds books it out at $29,905 for dealer retail. I wish you the best of luck in selling it. If I was in the market for a Gen 2 ST, I'd look at yours.

As a former engineer in automotive Tier I, I would be very skeptical of the first model runs of product, even for a package upgrade like the Adrenilin. To me, the first vehicles would have a much LOWER value than the later run of vehicles, with the best being built well into the second model year. Lots of little tweaks and improvements are made to tooling, materials, design, work methods, etc. after experience of building first vehicles, and expecially after some get out on the road and start building warranty experience.

After the second year, the shift goes to cost-saving and pulling cost out of the product. cheaper materials are used, details are dropped, and all effort is to make the product as cheap as possible due to planned cost-reductions from the suppliers.

Vehicles like Ranger that have been made for years with questionable futures are real scary. Most of the costs have already been pulled out as far as practical, and the tooling and equipment is well worn out, with little incentive to the manufacturer but to patch it and cobble it together to keep it running. No money is available to fix it right or redo it.

Gavin,

Basically everything you posted was incorrect.

The only major difference between the 08 and the 09-10 Adrenalin is the rear sway bar. That's actually not Adrenalin or even Sport Trac specific. In fact, they have gone up significantly in price as they have combine packages and only offer the Adrenalin in AWD as well as a host of other changes like heated leather standard equipment.

The Adrenalin's first year for the Gen 2 was in 2008 in 2008 but the Sport Trac Gen 2 itself has been out since 2006 as an 07 model and the basic platform has been out in the Explorer and the Mountaineer for awhile. The AWD isn't new. It's from the Mountaineer.

Oh and FastEddie, There is no 3 year old Gen 2 STA. Just because we have 2010 models doesn't make an 08 3 years old if their production release date was Jan or Feb of 08.

There is NOTHING about the Gen 2 STA's first year that should have a negative impact on the vehicle's value.

The reason that these 2008 Adrenalin Sport Tracs are bringing good prices, pre-owned, is because you simply cannot get one like them again. Same with many other Ford, Lincoln, Mercury products.

The STA also pulls emotionally where a regular ST cannot. It's not normally a vehicle that is easy to price shop. People want them because of the way they look and how few of them are on the road. According to the dealership I bought mine from and another Ford dealer 20 miles from here, the Gen 2 STA's typically hold higher gross then a regular STs.

My same STA now would be over $42,000 for a new 2010. This pricing is based on fewer units in production, low dealer demand and allocation and clustering of packages.

My trade book is in the high 20s. The values on pre-owned are actually going up!

Psycho Carey- you obviously have no concept of manufacturing processes and production if you think that Ford and its suppliers made no changes at all from 2008 to 2010 production of Adrenalins or all sport tracs.

Sorry, but that is not how it works. I can tell you with certainty that hundreds of little changes were made JUST to the SEATS in these trucks. There are running changes to materials, designs, work methods, tooling, testing methods, etc. all throughout the parts from both suppliers and Ford itself. Most all of these are due to cost-savings for the suppliers and reduced pricing pre-negotiated with Ford. Suppliers could not exist if they did not build in cost savings and make changes to the product over the life of it. Ford demands lower prices from suppliers each year.

I would always rather have the mid-2nd year production model of any vehicle. The major kinks were worked out after the first year, and the agressive cost reductions and corner-cutting doesn't tyically start until the 3rd year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, see my above posts and re-read them for the complete picture. While you're at it you can drop the 16 year old e-titude. I even specify certain changes between model years dude! Seriously, go re-read my post.

According to our service manuals and other materials, you're incorrect. It's speculation. You're taking your speculation and presenting it as fact.

I looked up the seats in the Mountaineer from 07 to 2010 and guess what. They are the same. The suppliers may be different but the parts themselves are the same.

A change in a "work method" does not mean that the product has been physically changed but yeah...

Everyone understands that as vehicles earn miles on the road, a GOOD company would create adjustments and tweaks as needed until the product changes again. Hense TSBs and recalls. Hopefully these are things they change in newer models.

Basically, my point was that saying a 08 STA is inferior to a 2010 STA because the 2010 STA is a later run production model is incorrect. It isn't like 08 was the first year this platform was in production. The only difference between STA 08 and 2010 is the sway bars and option package clustering. They even use the same funky transmission. According to our service manuals that is. That would be Fact. You just aren't talking about anything significant enough to effect value beyond age and miles man.

If the Sport Trac is to be eliminated as the 2010 model and the Adrenalin came out as an 08 in 08 (which it did) then the 08 STA is the mid production model you speak of.

The vehicle to "stay away" from would be the 07 ST. Which technically not true because they revamped the explorer platform even earlier than that.

All I know is my 05 ST was better than earlier models, as my 09 is. I would never buy a first year model...

Psycho, I know what goes on, because I was a part of it for over 13 years. The part numbers do not change, that is true. Often the drawings do not change, that is true. Only very very few changes ever result in a TSB or recall. The test and measurement numbers right off the production line do not change. However, fit, finish, feel, long-term durability, longterm measurement and test numbers can be very different.

You keep thinking what you think, and I'll keep my knowledge of what I have actually seen. I am not arguing with you any longer.

Oh, and thanks for the personal attack. That really helped me to see your point.

Are you referring to the "personal attack" where I called you out on using completely unprovocted attitude in your first reply post towards me?

I guess that's a "personal attack" now.

For the record, my MYST profile name is Psycareyo. Not Psycho. I also go by Carey. You had that wrong from the very first reply post. Ok cupcake?

Latest posts