2008-10 ST On with Ignition Fuse in Internal Panel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Which is a good fuse -- on with ignition only -- in the internal box to use a fuse tap? I'm halfway through wiring a wireless trailer camera (the trailer half is done). I need to wire the LCD mirror in the cab, but am leery of tapping the power wires to the overhead console because the screen is 9" (diagonal). Thanks in advance, folks.

You should be able to use the small red wire feeding through the fuel safety shut off switch. It is full power when key is on. Use it to trigger a relay only. Then run your feed power to the camera through the relay...

Thank you. I'm probably going to tap the 12v for the rear power point on the console. It's never used, and the mirror monitor has a 12v plug as an option. The AV and power cable to the mirror, which is a single wire (that is, multiple wires inside a single casing with a pin push/pull connector), will run from the rear wall, under the trim, to the front above the driver's visor. I'm probably also going to place a simple rocker switch on the rear panel, behind the seats, as a master on/off for the system. I placed one on the trailer so that there would be no minimal battery drain when the system is not in use.

Latest posts