2007 vs 2004 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Powell

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a 2007 ST V-8 with the 0% finance, what is a realistic MPG, dealer told me up to 26 highway. Does that sound about right????

From all that has been posted, i have not heard of any decisive numbers that would put a damper on buying an 07 V8 over an earlier model V6. If its a toss up, and i had the cake, i would buy the 07 for all the other benefits as well.

the only downfall that i keep hearing from owners is the inability to lift the 07 due to rear suspension.

IMO - GET THE V8

good luck

My window sticker said 15/21....at 10K miles I get a fairly constant 12/20. Unless

Ford has changed things, I would assume this is closer to what you will get.

I had an '04, really liked it....like the '07 better.....get the '07 V8.:D

Unfortunately the dealer misinformed you about the gas mileage. I have an 07 V8 and you can realisticly expect up to 21 MPG depending on your driving habits. I am pleased with my 07 and with the 0% financing this is a good time to purchase.

Do some homework before you sign anything. In some cases, 0% financing is actually more expensive that getting thew rebate and paying intrest.

On my Trac, I saved $700.00 by not getting 0% financing. ($2,000.00 rebate vs. $1,300.00 in intrest fees. = $700.00 in my pocket)

Tom

15/21 is the sticker on the 07 V8 and this is real close to what I am actually getting. I hope the new Zabteck modified TB will help me by an MPG on each, maybe more on freeway driving. Haven't got it yet, but other posts suggest better MPGs are a reality with this mod.

I love my 07 V8 4x4 Limited once I got past the 6 speed tranny break-in period (1000 miles).

/Brad

Hi:

I get like 15-16 mixed driving and on the only highway trip I got between 21 & 22 MPG. I say go with the V8 because it only gets slightly worse mileage over the V6. It has a lot more pep. I like my 07 real well!

Good luck,

Gary
:D

Well...I don't know about the 07s since I haven't driven one but I can drive a reasonable constant speed with almost perfect driving conditions and I still have never gotten over 19 in my 05. That's highway. When I have a tank just around town, I get around 15 at the most. It aggravates me.....I didn't expect economy car mileage when buying the Trac but I think the window sticker should be realistic if you have perfect driving conditions and your driving habits are not bad.

Jeff,

Too bad to hear that Jeff. A 0% interest rate will help with payments, depending on how much you finance and for how long, especially vs a higher interest rate, like around 6% or 8%.

I'm a HUGE fan of other people's money and try for 0% whenever I can get it. Sometimes you make out better taking (additional) rebates in lieu of lower factory financing, but sometimes not...you have to do the math and figure out total cost both ways.

Bottomline for most people I know, unless they have a lot of money to put down, or a trade-in vehicle with decent equity then buying a 30K vehicle is a budget stretcher (breaker).

Don't feel bad. Do NOT get into the "American Trap" of getting into a house, and two cars that are each "a little more than you can afford". Been there, done that, lost the T-Shirt. ;)

True happines doesn't come from what you have in your driveway but how much money you have in the bank.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya Jeff, I plan to drive my 07 till the wheels fall off just like I do with every vehicle that I have owned. I expect to get at least 150K miles out of it and if I don't FORD doesn't have to worry about Lil Red buying another one. I always purchase vehicles for the long haul.....IMO it's a waist to purchase new vehicles every few years, unless you can truely afford to.

Latest posts