2007 V8 Limited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keegan Holt

Reaction score
I am stongly considering purshasing a 07 V8 Limited but have read about some downshifting/transmission issues with the 6 speed. Some people say the cmputer just needs to be reset while others say that is only a bandaid and it comes back, these are all old posts that I can find like 07-08 nothing recent. Has Ford fixed this issue or am I going to be holding by breath to see if something happens? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

From my understanding the lastest software upgrade from ford. Has solved this without returning.

If you are buying from a ford dealer. Have them to upload this latest software.

i had a 07 lmtd V-8 4X4 and experienced the "tranny bump" and what i thought was poor shifts. i had it back in to the dealer twice and it returned.

that was from 07-to early 09.

not sure if there is a permanant fix as of yet.

good luck

The latest reflash will fix the issue. Have gone around 40K since I had mine done going on three years ago, with zero problems. If you can get a good deal for one, I'd go for it!

Mine also had the "bump"....got a letter from Ford asking me to return to my dealer for the fix. Took mine in and they fixed it and I haven't had any problems with it since. Go for it!

I had a flash done a couple years ago and the "bump" went away and it hasn't returned. Still not happy with the shifts and some minor low end issues but I can live with it till I get a tuner from Torrie. It just amazes me how many issues there were/are with this tranny and they really can't get it right. They should have Torrie set their tunes up for them. Better yet, have multiple tunes built in and a system for accesing them right from the factory.

I also remember an issue with the radiators leaking although I haven't seen that yet on mine. And don't forget the two piece spark plugs that break...sometimes, on removal!

Don't take this wrong but this sure seems like a lot of stuff to have issues with on a newer vehicle. Some on here are quick to slam GM vehicles but I've never owned a new GM vehicle with this many engineering issues that should have been cured BEFORE the vehicle was released. I can live with most of them but I shouldn't have to. These should all be FORD recall items....IMO!

I remember "feeling" this on my 2008. But since I run an SCT progam and it was very noticable with Torrie' 93octane tune. He notified me of when he had gotten the codes from Ford to modify the tranny performence. A simple download off of his website and then itno the truck was a breeze. I've had no issues since. Just my experience, Bob