2007 Trailor Brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Beil

Reaction score
Has anyone installed and/or used a brake controller for a trailor for there 2007 ST? How has it worked, was the installation difficult?

I am upgrading my trailor to a double axel with brakes and need to add the brake controller to the truck.

Thanks

Rob

The 2007 Tracs are prewired for brakes...provided you have the 7 PIN plug in the back. The plug to plug into the vehicles wiring should already be under the dash.

As for how it works, I would be willing to bet it will work like all other vehicles with a brake controller installed.

Tom

I have installed a brake controller in my 2007 and it works fine once you get it adjusted to your liking. The installation is outrageously easy as it comes with the Brake Controller wiring harness which should be in your glove compartment. Plug that in under the dash and connect the 4 color coded wires to your brake controller and your good to go.

I mounted my brake controller on the left side of the console by my right foot using heavy duty Velcro. When i'm not using the controller I can tuck it away under the dash where it is unseen and completely out of the way.

I have the installation instructions for my brake controller posted in my library.........let me know if you have any specific questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the brake controller and would never pull a heavy trailer without it.

It really does help a lot when some fool with the common sence of root fungus cuts right in front of you and hits the brakes because they are not sure if they want to get off at that exit or if they want to shoot all the way over to the fast lane.:blink:

Latest posts