2007 ST Colors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Beil

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am new member to this site, but have been lurking for some time, reading all the posts. Great site by the way. I am getting ready to order my 2007 ST job 2. I have all my options picked out, ithink the only thing that i am in debate about is the color.

Does anyone have any pics of the new carbon metallic? I pulled up on the Ford site the 2007 Expedition in Carbon, is that the same? I am assuming so but wanted to know if anyone has seen it in person or had any opinions on it.

Thanks

Rob

I too have been looking at the colors for quite awhile. I have not seen one in Carbon yet, but I have quite a few pictures of GT-500s, Five Hundreds and Freestyles in Carbon (or Alloy) and really like that color. So much so, that's what I ordered. There is some confusion about the color name, some documents will say Alloy, others Carbon. They are the same color code though (G5). FYI, on the Ford computer it is called Alloy when ordering. Here is an Alloy GT-500 and an artists depiction of what an Alloy ST might look like (courtesy of another member here - R):.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply. Wow that is awesome. I like it so much I might be ordering that also. I am stopping by the dealership tonight, i'll see if they have any pics of it, dought it.

If you find a picture, let me know. I've looked everywhere. I even put in a request with the folks at the Louisville assembly plant for a picture. Basically, I ended up searching dealer inventories for Five Hundreds and Freestyles in Alloy and looked at those along with the pictures of GT-500s. I will say that GT-500 paint job looks a bit nicer that the cars on the lots. Probably a custom job for a prototype GT-500. Also, look in my library and there are a couple of Photoshop attempts to see what Alloy might look like. Not sure how close they are. It is a very difficult color to nail down because it changes so much depending on the lighting and background. Some of the GT-500 pictures almost look black, others you can see more grey. Good luck!

Latest posts