2007 Pics from Texas State Fair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's literally an 06 Explorer with a pick-up bed. It makes a lot of sense but it surprises me a bit. I was expecting the new Sport Trac to have an exclusive grill and fender flares much like the original ST (and Explorer Sport) varied from the primary Explorer. I haven't seen the interior but I'd be surprised if Ford decided to use the 06 Explorer interior and not the previous ones. Just an observation. I really like how the 07 Sport Trac turned out though, particularly the "deck spoiler" look on the bed, which I thought would never make it from the concepts. I can only imagine how much better the 07 interior is compared to ours.

The current 2006 spec Explorer length is 193.4, then add 16.8 inches to it and the oal comes up as 210.2. That just 4.3 inches longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one important question. Do we stop modding our current ST's knowing we are going to get an 07 or do we just keep going with the mods and spending the money? Sometimes life can be so cruel.:angry::huh::wacko::unsure::blink::(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that unless its the SVT Trac, I like the pre 07 style better...

But nothing, I mean nothing beats the SVT ;) Id rather have it than a ferrari.

Do I see correctly - a single/solid rear window ... not able to go down ?!? That's one of my favorite features (out of a couple dozen tho) ...

I think I'll stick with my '04. I don't like that grill at all. It doesn't seem to have the rear window that can open either, which I use on an almost daily basis. The rear wheels also look too close to the cab.

I'll wait for the 08. Maybe they will go back to the split rear window and fix those goofy looking tail lights or maybe they're calling them side lights since there is more of them there than on the back.