2007-2010 sport trac rear driveshaft carrier bearing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVE WAYNE

Reaction score
there are aftermarket solutions available for the rear driveshaft assembly. 2007~2010 4X4 models. ( as of late ford has been OUT-of-STOCK )

search the web using your existing part number found on your driveshaft OR call Ford for a current part number. ( I would include a link - but some frown at this )

part numbers will be something like:

7a2z-4r602-k, 7a24-4k145-gc, 7a24-4k145-dc, 7a24-4k145-ge, 7a24-4k145-gd, 7a2z-4r602-g ...etc

Replacement 1pc shafts (only 2 universal joints ) = have been problematic.

Repalcement 2pc shafts ( 3 universal joints & 1 center support carrier bearing ) = have NO issues. gets rid of the dual HSCV joints located infront of the carrier bearing/center support bearing.

There has been talk of a carrier bearing being sold on Ebaa = but they are for the stock driveshafts that use 3 universal joints ( 2WD models? ) = but if they fit the 4wd models = you still have to crack open the HighSpeed cv joint to attempt to install it. To re-seal the CV joint properly you need a special tool. Highly recommend against this option!

:eek:nline:

I'm considering having a replacement driveshaft built for my 2010 STA.

What are the reported problems with replacement 1pc shafts? I'd prefer a 1pc but will go with 2 if necessary. either will be serviceable so a huge improvement over stock.

thanks

Latest posts