2005 Sport Trac Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalton Hill

Reaction score
I currently have a 02 trac with 103,000 miles and i have found a 05 which it has 29,000 miles and the dealer wants $22,000. Is that a fair price it is the Adrenalin edition with four wheel drive, bed cover and extender. There is a button on the side of the driver seat that is missing im guessing it moves the seat up or down bc the there was one that would move the seat back or forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
imo, price to high.

gas prices also have driven down the price of suv's.

maybe 17,5 - 18,000 is acceptable.

i forgot, on my 04 adren i think there was a button for back & forth, and lumbar plus the up & down feature.

good luck

As a reference I just paid $20500 for an 07' Limited 4.6L V8 2WD with bed cover and extender! Plus there was no button missing. My mileage was a little higher though, 35,400!

Heated seats? I just bought mine in June XLT prem 4x4 trac with 60,000 mile got for a lot less it started out 15,500.00.But if the mile are correct and you like it go for it! But I would ask for carfax report and see what NADA.com will price it or edmunds.com.

KBB shows $21,645 here in CA, and $21,095 in Little Rock AR. That is Retail with all available options, including dual power leather seats, powered moonroof, etc.

I think they're asking too much.

PRICING that's with NADA in N. Carolina

Clean Trade-In Clean Retail Value

Base Price $14,350 $17,000 Mileage - 29,000 miles $1,150 $1,150

Options

Add Fiberglass Cap (Pickups) $550 $625

Add Luggage Rack $75 $100

Adrenalin Package (Sport Trac XLT) $900 $1,000

Audiophile (Std. Adrenalin, Eddie Bauer, Ltd.) $275 $325

Leather Seats (Std. Eddie Bauer, Ltd.) $350 $400

Power Seat (Std. U63/73, E. Bauer, Ltd.) $200 $225

Power Sunroof $500 $575

Rear Air Conditioning $150 $175

TOTAL PRICE $18,500 $21,575

I bought my 04 in 05 with 3 miles on it for 21,500 . . . The only thing it doesn't have is leather and the 6 cd indash. -- I agree with everyone shop around, thy are giving them away

CHRIS

I have a very, very clean, Dark Stone 05 XLT Premium with under 33K miles. Heated leather, sunroof, 6CD. Has all options except 4X4 and bed cover I think .Gonna put it for sale any day now, when I get the time to respond to inquiries. Only mods are a ZT TB, and dropin K&N air filter.

I'm figuring on getting $11K tops for it considering no local dealers want it and the price of fuel has all but killed the sale of ST's/SUV's.

Um yeah...way to high!!!!!!!!!!

PM me if you're interested. I could meet you in Joplin (~1/2 way) if you're interested in looking. Send me the $ and I'll deliver to your home in Little Rock!!!

Don't worry McD...I haven't forgotten you.

Edit: Just looked, guess I missed the rollover. It now has 33019 miles on the clock.

try edmunds.com, you can get a true market value or what vehicles of that age, condition, etc are going for in the real market. I used this as a basis when I bought my 07 xlt w/33K miles for less than $19K. The same dealer had a nice looking 05 w/ low 30's in miles asking $22K, had an 07 ltd v6 w/ 18k for $19,000, that was 6 weeks ago or so after I bought my 07.

And Edmunds says:

Close but NO cigar in my recent experience.

Thanks everyone for all the help, i do think i agree with everyone that they are asking too much for the trac. I guess i will see what i can work out with them. thanks again

I paid about $15,000 for mine last October wit about 22,000 miles. It's just a regular XLT with the base console. I heard some dealers are selling 08's for less than $20,000 now.

Latest posts