2005 interior light not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Rich

Reaction score
I found 1 post on here about the interior light not working but the problem was with the switch. The curtesy lights work fine when switched on. The interior light doesn't come on when doors opened or switch rolled all the way up. I checked the bulb first with multi meter and it is good. There is no power to the terminals up in the dome light, ever. I also checked fuse 26 and it is good. Any ideas?

Well, I left it at the one Ford dealer from 8:30 am until 6 pm and they never even got to look at it. Asked me if I wanted to leave it for the weekend, I said no thanks and I wouldn't be back there again. Unhooked the battery, thought it might reset something, but no luck. There is power across fuse 26 but not up at the dome lights. Still stumped. Guess I'll have to try another Ford dealer. They said it's $95 dollars to test it, unless covered by warranty then it is covered. Wow that's a little steep!

Latest posts