2004 ST in Middle TN

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neils1953

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I picked up this ST 3 weeks ago. I just sold a 1994 Ranger XLT but, I still have my 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4.This ST is pretty clean but has a little oil leak up front on the engine but runs quiet and smooth, drives straight and runs strong. I’ve already done some paint correction but there’s plenty of chips to be addressed, need to wait for warmer weather. The door jamb switch on the drivers door is not working to shut off the radio or lights but, the other 3 door jamb switches operate correctly. I’ve tried contact cleaner and WD-40 but it’s still not working. If anyone has done this on an 04’, let me know what switch you used or if the latch needed to be replaced.
ST came with new
Battery
Shocks
Leather front seat covers
Tires
Plugs, wires and coil pack

This is what I’ve done so far:
Replaced headlights and side lights, added Auxito 9007 LEDs and Auxito turn/parking LED’s
Replaced brake/running lights and backup bulbs with Auxito LED’s
Replaced OEM turn signal/flasher relay with EP27 (a real PITA to find and R/R)
Auxito 195 LED’s for all interior lights
Auxito LED’s in the Fog lights
Added XK Glow LED Tailgate 5 function bar with sequential turn signals
Upgraded radio AM/FM/CD/DVR/MP3/USB Bluetooth and rear camera.
Back seat Pet Sling to protect the seats from pets, groceries and tools.
BedRug for the tailgate and bed (a real knee saver)
35% tint front door windows and eyebrow
AVS BugDeflector2
Replace 3rd Brake/Cargo light with LED
Hours of polishing/Buffing and trim restore!

I guess I’ll be doing timing chain adjusters sometime when they start making noise. Until then, she will spell my 19’ from around town driving. I like the ST a whole lot better than the 1994 Ranger in many, many ways. From what I paid for the Ranger, and added to it and, then sold it, I was able to purchase and upgrade the ST. I’m ok with this in my mind, I think I’ll keep her for awhile! IMG_0179.jpegIMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Great looking ST, and not just because it looks a lot like mine. :)

I'm going to have to follow your lead on a bunch of those LED upgrades, too!

Good looking ST !
Be sure to service the Transmission (ATF + Filter + ValveBodyBoltRetorq + BandAdjust) every 33kMiles\4Years
& renew those notorious V6~4.0L~SOHC OilPressurized TimingTensioners every 100kMiles\12Years,
if those haven't been done already.

Latest posts