2004 sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im having trouble with my guages on my 2004 the odometer is blinking and doing some kind of countdown like i armed a bomb.the radios face goes out then comes back on,but when that happens all the other guages go out to.i was wondering if any fellow members ran into any type of problems like this,maybe could offer any helpful tips.before i have to shell out 3 to 4 hundred to fix it.

Faulty or weak batteries have been known to cause strange issues. Have yours tested. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
I recheck, clean and inspect all of my main, under the hood connections for my battery and fuse box mains every two years or so. This has fixed an issue or two for me. Frame/chassis and battery-to-block grounds, also, if you live in a Northern, rust-prone state. Rust never sleeps, and rust can creep, even under bolted, tightened connections. Trust me!

Not to go off-topic, but it's been a while since I've posted regularly. swshawaii, are you a mechanic/certified? It sounds like it. Glad to meet you! (Online, anyway!)

Latest posts