2004 sport trac xlt prm seat foam

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrpeabody56

Reaction score
Good morning to all as the year winds down.
Recently I purchased a 2004 sport trac xlt prm 4x4. The drivers seat bottom and back foams need to be replaced, and possibly the lumbar air bladder. Problem is in finding foam bottome, or back, of lumbar bladder.
In speak to local ford dealership and the foam shop (?), these parts are obsolete, or no one has them in stock. Apparently ford, with its better idea, decided to make all seat bottoms/backs in different models different, so unless I can find a “pristine” bottom & back in a wrecked 2004 (different years wont work?), I am outta luck.
I would prefer a new high density “durofoam” product, but cant seem to find one.
Would anyone have an answer as to where I might find/get bottoms/back/bladder?

As an alternative, would an upholstery shop be able to create an “exact” replica?

Thank you for any input.

The seat bottom and back cushions are the same on drivers and passenger sides. The passenger side will usually have a lot less wear. Try car-part.com. Seat back is part no. 4L2Z-7864810-AA.

Seat bottom cushion is part no. 4L2Z-78632A23-AA.

Earlier model 1999(?) - 2001 Explorer, Explorer Sport, or Mercury Mountaineer may work as well. The parts interchangeability
feature on car-part.com should pull those up too if they’re compatible.

I think part no.
F4TZ-7865500-A Is the lumbar bladder and it is showing as available on fordpartsgiant.com.

As an alternative, would an upholstery shop be able to create an “exact” replica?
Some premium shops can. They might be able to use better foam material, and shape it to your covers. Are your covers cloth or leather? My '04 xlt prm, cloth is starting to show wear and tear. Especialy on the lower bolster, from sliding in and out of the Trac.

Latest posts