2004 Remote start system lock question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Keefer

Reaction score
I had a remote start put on 2 years ago and the dealer over raped me and didn't hook it all up right ,,, refusing to pay more I investigated the issues myself but still have one issue. Can anyone tell me why when I press the unlock button on my remote for the remote start it only unlocks my driver door. according to the setting sheet it says it should unlock all doors on the second press within 5 seconds. mine doesn't. ANY IDEAS???? I was thinking maybe the dumbass that wired it forgot to put a fuse in or a wire since I don't see any other setting. For the record my remote start is a Ford accessory not aftermarket.

I don't know anything about remote starts, at a time, wanted it on my 2004. OK, so I would assume it works much just like the factory alarm clicker did. One click on unlock, get only driver door. Second click on unlock, get all doors. You said on the sheet it says, it should unlock all doors on the second press within 5 seconds. So, I guess like the factory alarm without remote start, you have to click it twice to get all doors? I am only guessing that is what is suppose to happen.

Ya I know that's what its suppose to do but u can push the button till ur blue in the face it only opens the driver door...it took me a year till I could get it to unlock the driver door.. the dealer put an aftermarket led bulb in the indicator wires b/c they threw that part out. After I got the light fixed I got into the setting and atleast got the driver door to unlock. Hell this is just part of the nightmare I had with the system thanks to the dealer

Ford uses a Dual pulse to open the doors.

first push to open drivers door

second to open the other doors.

when a aftermarket alarm is installed. you need to add a module to do 2 pulses to get all the doors to open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed a module for the dual pulse.

there is also a way to wire the 2 lock pulses together.. so one pulse opens both.. but you would need to know the 2 circuits.

sorry can not be of more help.. its just what I was told when my alarm and remote start was installed..

well thanks SAL A, it sounds like I will be living with it as I am not investing anymore money for dealers to rip me off.. unless its just a matter of tying the 2 wires to the same circuit. I see inputs an outputs on the back of the systems computer mod. but not sure if its the output wires I tie or the inputs.

If anyone else can tell me whats involved I would greatly appreciate it

there are 3 pdf's in my gallery.

for 2001 to 2003 for wiring..

not sure if yours is one of them..

but they all have the SAME ALL DOOR TRIGGER

might want to try it and see if it might help.. and wire the pulse to it for the alarm.

they might have put it to the Drivers door only wire.

check where they have it wired to now.. and swap it..

[Broken External Image]:

Hope this helps..

Latest posts