2002 Factory Radio RMS?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Six watts per channel, but I don't know whether it's RMS (probably, but not specified). In later years, the output was raised to 16w. I couldn't find the year in which it changed.

Thanks. So I'm guessing 70w RMS should provide a bit more. Got some fosgate 6x8's as a gift and bought a jl amp and kenwood powered amp. Nothing over the top but I hope it does the job. For those who have hooked amps up where did you run the ground? I'm not going back to the battery but thinking about the front seatbelt post into the frame.

Thanks. So I'm guessing 70w RMS should provide a bit more. Got some fosgate 6x8's as a gift and bought a jl amp and kenwood powered amp. Nothing over the top but I hope it does the job. For those who have hooked amps up where did you run the ground? I'm not going back to the battery but thinking about the front seatbelt post into the frame.

Your going to get about 10dB higher power output (assuming RMS, not peak, wattage), but it should be higher quality. The volume level increase depends on other factors (i.e., speaker sensitivity), but with the OEM speakers, you should get about twice the volume (if the new speakers are more sensitive, you'll get more).

If it were me, I'd run the ground to the OEM radio ground. If that's a chore, try to find an existing ground near the amp.

Latest posts