2001 vs 2002 radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase an OEM radio out of a 2002 ST to replace my daughters 2001 ST that has a short in the radio.

Can anyone confirm for me that a 2002 6 CD Pioneer radio will work in a 2001 ST? Our ST currently has the original 6 CD Pioneer radio with the subwoofer.

Thanks in advance for replies!

Marvin

You need the pic of the back of the radio showing all 3 plugs, and all 3 have pinns in them... if not it no work !

Todd Z

It might "work" but it may not support the subwoofer and/or the rear seat controls.

Check out this PDF and compare the part numbers. http://www.issford.com/issford/radio_guide.pdf

Do as Todd Z says. I recently pulled a radio out of a '97 Mountaineer to put in my son's '97 Mountaineer. Both were the stock AM-FM cassette with remote cd player, but the plugs on the back were different and the one I pulled had no provision for the antenna to plug in. Fortunately I was able to take it back and find one that matched my son's. The Explorer, F-series trucks, and Expeditions use the same radios as the Sport Trac - at least the AM-FM with cassette and cd players are the same. Although again, the plugs could be different.

Todd, I took your advise and requested a picture of the back of the 02 radio and compared it to mine (01). The 02 radio has the same p/n on the label (1L2F-18F815-MB) on the back and has pins in all three connectors. I am hoping since all match it should work.

The PDF link did not list this p/n....it listed a -MA but not the -MB

Thanks for the helpful replies!

Latest posts