2001 ABS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad keene

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone who has a early 2001 Sport or SportTrac with the Job 1 Engine could get the part number off the ABS module. I am trying to figure out the differences between the early and late model 2001. I have found the part number for the late 4x2, and 4x4 module, but can't find any reference for the early 2001, thanks.

I found this,,,

ABS, (LH Fr eng comp), 4 Dr, Sport Trac, 4x2, from 7/24/00 (ID 1L5T-2C219-BC)

Which I believe is the LATER 01 version as before that it is listed as:

ABS, (LH Fr eng comp), 4 Dr, Sport Trac, 4x2, Thru 7/23/00

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, apparently the early abs system was different then the later 01 abs, as the early abs provided the vss signal to the pcm, speedo, cruise servo, and etc, where as the late 01 got the vss from the oss sensor on the trans and was converted in the pcm and sent out to the speedo, and etc. I've read the early 01 abs system was similar to the explorer/ranger, but there is no wiring diagrams anywhere showing a g-switch in the system that the explorer/ranger used. I am just curious if the early/late 01 Sport Trac used the same abs pump/module, but the wiring changed later in the year, or if it used the 01 explorer/ranger abs pump/module. As in the early wiring you see pin 19 of the abs gy/bk as the source of the vss signal, but later 01 you see it as a bk wire not used.

I have a Job1 and just pulled my part number. I can't find anything and apparently this part number does not exist according to my research. I'll go check it again and make sure I didn't get the part number wrong.

Thanks I really appreciate it, I had my suspisions they were different, but thoughts also they may have been the same, but it appears they used 2 different abs modules for 01, thanks for looking that up.

No problem. Needed to pop the hood after riding trails anyway.

1 more question if I may ask, does your Job 1 Sport Trac have the G Switch on the frame below the drivers seat, curious as it is part of the explorer abs setup, and the ranger as well. It says like ATE and has 3 wires coming from it that run to the abs controller.

Well so far this is all I have figured out for the ABS.

FROM 7/24/00, 1L5T-2C219-BC, 4X2 ABS Controller with 1L54-2C346-BB, 4X2 ABS Module

FROM 7/24/00, 1L5T-2C219-AB, 4x4 ABS Controller with 1L54-2C346-AB, 4X4 ABS Module

I still haven't figured out which controller the early 01 used for 4x2, or 4x4, or if it was the same, just curious I guess.

Latest posts