2 line Message Center Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbakon

Reaction score
Has anyone used the:

"System Check"

"Zone Setting"

"Calibration"

options on the 2 line message center?

The other options are self explanatory, but I'm wondering exactly when and why I would use these options.

What do these do?

Thanks

System check...checks your fluids and stuff like that in your trac.

Zone setting...is the zone for your compass and thermometer.

Calibration...also for your compass.

I've actually used them all...done a couple of oil changes, so have had to reset the oil life. With that I did the system check, it took less than a minute to do. For your zone setting number it'll be in your manual. Depending upon where you live...that's what keeps your thermometer acurate.

I read through the manual and found the explanations of these options as well as my zone.

I guess what I'm really asking is when I should use these?

The Oil Life one is pretty obvious, but everything else, I'm not sure if, when and why I should use them?

When you bought your truck, the dealer may not have set the correct zone and by default it's set for Kentucky zone.

After you change the zone for Texas, you'll need to calibrate it by driving in a circle a few times....this will properly set your compass.

System check.....you don't have to do it, but it just checks that all bulbs are working, if your parking brake is set or not, fluids.

It's just an optional thing to check out everything (almost) is working ok.

I guess what I'm really asking is when I should use these?

Use the compass one if your compass starts giving wonkee directions. Ford pulled the Dash on my 08 F150 and after that the compass would read wrong (it would say east when I was going due north). I did the calibration and it worked perfect again.

Latest posts