2.0" Gen2 STA Drop Springs: Updated 12/29/11: Project On Hold Until Spring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score

12/29/11

After a SERIOUS lack of interest I've decided to put this project on the back burner. Almost every single person that said they would buy these has backed out.

I will make and sell them to anyone that wants a set but they have not been tested. We know that CopST's fit perfectly but the springs were intended for an AWD and not a RWD and thus, he didn't get much drop.

I currently have an extra set of prototype 2.0" 15% stiffer AWD springs in stock if anyone wants them. I would let them go for $685 shipped. I will not accept less.

After MUCH debate...I can't stress this enough..."Much Debate"

After MUCH debate with the company that is building my springs we had a break through.

We realized that the part number cross reference may not match because CopST's STA is actually a RWD and the springs I made are modeled after AWD springs. Specifically the ones that I got from Supercharged SVT. They are not the same unit but they are literally exactly the same with a 1.5" reduction in trim height.

Come to find out, the hard way, the front springs are pretty different between the AWD and the RWD. The rear are the same.

This reminded me of my F150 and the leveling kit. It raised the front of the truck up, which in turn, raised the rear a small amount. The same is true with lowering. This really only applies to small lifts and drops. My spring comany confirmed this.

Maybe this is all information that prior Gen2 Drop spring retailers could have shared but decided not to because they didn't want to make it easy for someone to make these springs affordable for everyone?

Regardless...It's time for the next step.

The 2" drop:

The 2.00" is a little more risky since a lot of the current experiance on the forum have had, what I would consider, mixed results. Many of us have also had our own opinions and we have all seen the measurements.

They improved their finish job on the springs a bunch. It isn't showroom perfect but it's amazing for springs that you will never really be able to show off in an ST.

They also put them in smaller shipping boxes this time, with more cardboard to buffer the springs as they rattle around on the way to the new owner. I feel this packaging is good for the product purchased. I mean...they're springs...

Here are some pictures of the new Psycareyo STA AWD V8 2" Drop Springs. This will probably be the production unit. (Sorry CopST, they won't fit your truck).

If these work out, I'll be doing RWD 2.00" drop springs as well.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I'd agree with you Gavin. However, the Adrenalin and the Lightning just look completely at home with a mild drop. They both look a little high right out of the gate.

Personally, I think that the new F150 looks stupid dropped at all because it has such a square front end and such a tall body. It just looks weird. I feel the same way about regular Sport Tracs that still have the roof rack on them as well.

can't wait to see the pictures - It will be great! I am settled at a 1.8 to 2 drop, the big valved shocks help and i am sure you will like them.

If a cat can sit on the top of your tire in your driveway you only have two choices - shoot the cat or drop the STA

OK, I am with you. A little drop on the STA might not be a bad thing. Please don't make it a lowrider, though. That is what came into my mind! :cry:

It's pretty cool to think that members of this very forum have really blazed the trail in mods for the Gen2 V8 Sport Trac. I'm really proud of our community.

I'd imagine it would look a lot like Supercharged SVT's STA....just blue...and not as nice a hood....or wheels....or interior.....or.....yeah....

Trying to find time to have my stock suspension measured for a baseline and I still have to have these test fitted and measured! Probably won't be this year guys!

This is a real time sink but hopefully, when it's all done, I'll have a good set of 2.0" drop springs for both RWD and AWD gen2 trucks.

12/29/11

After a SERIOUS lack of interest I've decided to put this project on the back burner. Almost every single person that said they would buy these has backed out.

I will make and sell them to anyone that wants a set but they have not been tested. We know that CopST's fit perfectly but the springs were intended for an AWD and not a RWD and thus, he didn't get much drop.

I currently have an extra set of prototype 2.0" 15% stiffer AWD springs in stock if anyone wants them. I would let them go for $685 shipped. I will not accept less.

It's not canceled. I just can't do anymore until spring. I'm probably not going to make very many since there isn't much interest and I can't take less per set. I'm already WAY lower than anyone else so....no discount incentives...

I'm going to run OEM for awhile until I save up enough to do the Bilsteins. I really like them because they have a special place in the Lightning world.

Latest posts