1st Gen So far

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Higley

Reaction score
Purchased 2000. Paid off. So far 1 set tires. Brakes. A/C Compressor/Dryer and replaced Thermostat.

Miles 51K. Looks and runs brand new. Happy Owner, Happy Truck.

No money to customize as I'd like to.

Wish list: Absolute Chaos Chrome Wheels. :supercool:

Our trucks are almost twins!

I'm the original owner of the ST I bought in 2000 (the first year they were sold). I have 50k miles. Unless you get on the ground and look underneath, it looks like it's maybe one year old.

Stuff that had to be replaced: nerf bars and shackles for leaf springs (both due to rust), end links on front stabilizer bar (they broke), steering wheel (leather and padding got yucky). The factory radio was replaced twice due to failure. Besides that, just the usual wear items: tires, shocks, front brake pads, battery, serpentine belt. The front seal on the 4X4 transfer case leaks, but otherwise the truck is in perfect condition.

I've put 60K on my truck in the four years I've owned it. How do you guys only have 50K on ten year old vehicles?

So with 103K on the clock I have had to replace the alternator and battery (last fall), shocks (this summer), front pads and rotors (this spring) and right front hub (yesterday).

Needs rear pads and rotors, steering wheel is looking pretty rough...

140,000 Miles 2002 lifted with 285/75's exhaust, intake, tb and a tune. Taken out 2 rear ends and a trans so far and i think the timing chain is next. i do love my truck and yes she does get put to work quite hard sometimes. Also needs a drivers seat and a steering wheel. On its third set of tires but overall doesn't look to bad.

Just uploaded 2 photos taken this week. Soon will have custom graphics added...not yet but the mock up design is at http://grindshow.com/grindshow/truck.html

How about squeaky seats? Y'all have that problem??

Chinese water torture at times when the wife is aboard.

Low milage because I work out of the house.

Man! Chrome Wheels are expensive!!! Discount Tire is the lowest price found so far.

Doug