1984 Honda 750 Interceptor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
Anyone ever owned one of these? I have a chance to buy one from a guy I work with and he only wants $500 for it. He is known for buying stuff like this and tearing it apart, going through the engine and whatever else needs it, and fixing it. It is his personal hobby I guess. Anyway, I took it for a ride today and from what I could tell the only thing wrong is that it doesn't currently have a Tach, a speedo or turn signals. Wondering if anyone ever owned one of these and if they had any trouble with it and what the trouble you had was.

Thanks,

Ray

It's a motorcycle Eddie.

I haven't owned one, but the whole VF series is pretty highly regarded by sport tourers. The v4 is supposed to be a very unique engine. A newer one is on my list to own one day, but hard to pass up a running bike for $500.

Can't help with any typical trouble items though..

As JD said. Any bike that runs for $500.00 is a deal.

I have a Honda CD550K that runs great. It needed some work, but for $500.00 you shouldn't expect much.

Tom

Ya thats kinda the way I felt too. Does anyone have a parts place they have had good luck with as far as motorcycle parts?

Thanks btw,

Ray

I have purchased some parts for both my 1978 CB550K and my Yamaha XC180K. I also have a Yamaha XVS1100.

boats.net has some great prices, but you need to fins the part numbers to find the price. Also powerpartsplus.com is very reasonable. Bike bandit is good too, but parts are usually more expensive than other places. Some parts are cheaper at bike bandit, but most cost more.

For my V-Star 1100 Classic, J&P Cycles has the best selection. Unfortunatly, they don't have parts for older bikes, unless they are Harley's and Gold Wings.

Here are some pics of my bikes...

1983 Yamaha XC180K

[Broken External Image]:

1978 Honda CB550K

[Broken External Image]:

2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic. I call her my Yamahog SoftGlide (Front looks like a Street Glide and the rear looks like a Softail)

[Broken External Image]:

Tom

Ray,

I was curious what this bike looked like so I google searched it. Nice looking bike! For $500, and it runs, I say grab it up!

[Broken External Image]:

It looks something like that except its been dropped so the fairing is off and right now only one mirror, no tach and no speedo. The color is red & blue on white. I'll see if I can post a pic I took with my phone. But ya, for the price I didn't think I could go wrong.

Ray

I restore 80's models bikes, I also cafe them.. Check out my Radian build thread..

If you don't want it, I'll come take it off your hands. Working on two CB 350's right now. For the 9 bucks it takes to fill that thing up, you'll get a good 120-130 miles out of the tank. Your 500.00 investment would pay for itself in gas in 2 months. My trac has been sitting since March, riding season.. Bout to have to convert back, getting chilly.

Griff,

I agree, Been riding mine a lot lately. (Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT)

Took a trip to Lake of the Ozarks, rode about 400 miles in 3 days, and got almost 52 MPG on the highway, running about 60-65 mph. With the packs full, adding the Sissy bar bag, and with the wife riding with me (2 UP), @ 70 MPH we still got better than 40 MPG.

[Broken External Image]:

I like what you did to the Yamaha Griff. I actually thought aboput taking all the painted stuff off and repainting it all matte black. The wife doesn't want me putting too much $ into it tho. I do need to get a decent helmet but really can't afford anything too expensive. below $100 would be great.

Well I guess I am too old to be riding in a position it takes to ride this thing. Kills my back, wrists, and hands after about 40 minutes of riding. I do love to ride this thing tho and I do get alot of looks. Don't know if they are "what the hell is that ugly POS" or more like, "WOW, I kinda like that old POS". LOL. Anyway, selling it to a kid that works same place I do. Just hope he doesn't kill himself on it.