18 or 20" rims with 33'' tires ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
Next month I will be installing the superlift kit on my truck and I am trying to figure out what rim and tire package I should go with and I am looking for opinions. I'd like to go with either 18 or 20 inch rims and I am going to go with a 33 inch tire. I'd like to get fellow members opinions on the package that I should get, I am leaning towards the 20 inchers but I am worried that the rims would look to big and the rubber 2 thin. What does everone think. Better yet anyone have any pictures with any of these combos.

Thanks, CHRIS

i have 20's/33's coming for my ST...just trust me, GL finding any decent 20's for our trucks....at least that aren't backordered...EVERYWHERE for some reason for the next 4-7 weeks. :angry: I have tires on the way but wheels no where in sight. theres still plenty of rubber with 20/33's:)

I am going to be going with Nitto, either Dune Grapplers or Mud Grapplers (more than likely the Mud). Also I'll be going with the all black Rockstar rims. Can't wait!!!

CHRIS

copy cat -.-

haha just kiddin....I have my mud grapplers in the garage and wheels should be here within a bit over a week. I'll post pics soon.... I'm sorry to say you won't be able to get 20" rockstars for about 4-8 weeks unless you find them used :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the combo of 33 inch mudders and 20 inch rims is just going to set the truck off, IMO i think it going to make it look much bigger and higher than it really is. What kind of rims did you go with? Do you have the SuperLift kit? Sorry for all the questions, but I am glad your doing it because then I can have some references.

CHRIS

nah, tt/ custom full 2" shackles, PA BL coming next week and then 20x10" rockstars in black

I was so compemplating the superlift but I'd honestly rather a RCD front and do SOA instead of superlift if I wanted to spend >$2K...just not worth it on a truck worth less then 10K

Latest posts