150,000 miles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Price 2

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here. Past and present.:driving: Got pulled over for speeding 2 miles later:banghead: (I never speed)Didn't have the nerve to explain I was just so happy I'm halfway to my goal of 300K.(fingers crossed) Anyway, 2003 2WD Stock. Only thing I would consider as far as major repair was the differential rebuild and maybe the a/c compressor(my fault though I think). I used to take naps with the ST running and the a/c on in a parking lot in between jobs when it was 90+ degrees out. This summer will be all ball joints and tie rod ends(everthing Kseries Moog) I have everything in the garage ready to go. No play in them yet. But, I cant imagine them being that great and lasting any longer. One upper joint boot is ripped. Awhile back, I stuck a needle in each boot and pumped them full of grease and rubber cemented the needle hole to help prolong. They were all dried out. I Just need a few consecutive days off. Going to do a slight torsion twist just to level her out as well. Thanks again to all here for all the tips on maintaining her. I really had no idea so many folks loved this truck as much as I. [Broken External Image]:

edit: I'm 99% sure my rear main seal has a very very very slight leak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo! Keep on Trac'n Mark! :supercool:

Nice can only hope I make it that far, I've decided I'm going to keep the ST for as long as it stays affordable to run 2004 with 73k, starting to have to put some money into it but it doesn't owe me anything.

Mine (also a 2003 2WD almost stock) hit 98000 when I pulled into a parking spot at work yesterday. Tranny replaced under warranty, but nothing else big.

It helps to live 3.2 miles away from work for the past 7 years and own a Harley for warm days.

As long as parts' are available and the trac looks good. Im going to keep my '04.

I get complements all the time. Most cant believe it is, 8yrs old. For a small truck the gen1 still looks contemporary.

[Broken External Image]:

2004 XLT 4x4 with

[Broken External Image]:

And still gets lots of looks

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: