15" wheels on an 04'?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys, i did a forum search, but couldn't find an answer. i've noticed that a lot of members with lifted ST's have 15" wheels. most of these are 01' or 02'. anyone know if you can fit 15" wheels on an 04? been lookin all around, and 15" wheels seem to have the best offset and backspacing for 33"x12.5" tires.

thanx for any input :wacko:

p.s. thanx for the email SNOOZE!:D (just checked it lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as the bolt pattern is right they will fit. you will also want to find out what back spacing everyone else is using for larger tires.

I would say if they fit the '01 and '02's, they will fit your '04. There really isn't any difference in body make or drivetrain

Ummm, yes there is. 03 and up have rear disk brakes. There could be clearance issues with his calipers with the 15's

No problem.

I know that even on my 05 F150 with 18's I get problems with rocks sticking to mud on the inside of my rims, which then catch on the caliber and mill the crap out of my rim. So if you get into muddy situations you may not want to go to small. My next F150 will get the 20's.

I had American racing wheels 15x7s on my '01 with no clearance problems, they are now for sale too.

Check the swap and sell.. Fit perfectly on our sport tracs and I never had any problems with them on my sport trac.. 15x7, 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, i believe the offset is 0 on them. They are the black wagon wheels AR-797s. If you or anyone is interested shoot me an email... [email protected]..

Thanks Andy

Make sure the 15" wheels have enough clearance for the brakes. Not all 15" wheels will fit. I had some for winter tires and they would not fit.

Tom

You are welcome. It looks like the only issue would be clearing the rear disk brakes. I don’t have rear disk brakes in-case you are wondering. 16"'s would be safe and will look good. If I were to upgrade, I would look at 19's or 20's with 33 by 12.5 tires. I’ve seen them a few times and the proportions of rubber to metal are real nice.

Make sure you post whatever you do to your truck so we can all see it :)

toooo........mannnnnnny........choicessssss............:wacko:

thats a good lookin trac heather. thanx for the pic.

thank you all for your help. you guys are what make this site THE BEST!:D

I wasn't sure about this either, so I played it safe and bought some 16s with 285/75/16 all terrains for my '04. The tires are pretty close to 33" (I think they're like 32.8" or something like that).