100K Club Follow Up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One TracMind

Reaction score
This is a follow-up to those of you that are near or past the 100K mileage club with your Tracs;

1) How long are you going (hoping) to keep it going?

2) Any major problems in your 100K journey?

I've got an 02 that's got 90K on the meter and I'm hoping to get 150K before thinking of getting another one...great ride!

Noticed a lot of 02's moving in on the mark...(me thinks, second year production of good car run is usually a good thing)

Comments?...thanks 1-Trac

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2001 ST has 143,000 miles and no major problems. Planning to run it till it drops.. and even replace the engine/tranny with a junk yard one if I have a major failure. Not much resale value so might as well keep driving it. Still get good gas mileage on trips and looks GOOD !:rolleyes:

My 01 has 104,000 miles. Had to replace ball joints and get a new tie rod end at 101,000. Other than that, no problems.

I'm hoping to keep it at least until 150,000 miles but the 07 ST has me wanting to sell it and upgrade.... really bad.

i plan on keeping my trac for a while. it is by far the favorite vehicle i have owned because of its versatility. i have a 2002 sport trac 4x4 with 99,428 miles on it. i havent put much money into it but i had some major problems. because of my warranty i have only spent $200 out of pocket for my warranty reapirs. i blew my rear at about 80k, i blew my trans at about 85k and my replacement trans started leaking because the filler tube was becoming unseated from the trans housing. all of those were covered. right now my check engine light is on with an egr code. that will be fixed soon. when i forst bought the truck about a week later the drivers side passnger door would not open from the inside so i got that fixed. now my passenger side rear door will not open from the inside. the stock 6 disc changer ate my cds and would not give them back so i had that replaced as well. other than that its just been basic maintenence. tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. if i didnt buy the extended warranty i would prolly curse this truck up and down but thank god i was covered. and the dealer i go to has been terrific. dick milham ford of easton pa. if anyone is looking for a good place to take your tracs and lives in this area, i would recommend these guys. they have been nothing but good to me. you should also know i abuse the trac pretty good. i go four wheeling occassionally and put about 90 miles on it a day, mostly highway at about 75-80mph when the traffic permits. hope this helps you out. i dont see my self getting rid of my trac for some time to come.

I'm in the 100 teens right now. Don't remember exactly where.

Problems so far:

DPFE sensor went out

timing chain rattle

brake caliper broke in half

door handle tension spring and lock actuator rivet broke

No major problems so far.

I plan on keeping her for quite a while. I have no reason to get a new vehicle yet. She's still very dependable comfortable and serves my needs well.

Latest posts